Vince and I are committed to keeping Hope Golf Club open and a potentially safe place to be during this COVID-19 crisis we are facing, unless we are ordered to close. To help keep the Golf Course a safe place to be, we are asking our members, staff and guests to please comply with the following procedures that have been recommended by health officials.
Any golfer without symptoms of COVID-19 is currently free to play following these measures below, in order to reduce the risk of transferring the virus to others:
Close or limited clubhouse activity
We ask that when getting ready to golf, assemble your equipment and put your shoes on etc. in an outdoor area or by your vehicle/parking lot. The Clubhouse and Locker Rooms will be closed, and we ask that you avoid using the clubhouse washrooms when possible.
The Pro Shop door will be the only access point open, so that we can ensure there is only one patron/group in the Pro Shop/Clubhouse at a time.
The restaurant dining area and banquet room will remain closed until further notice.
League meals will be prepared Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays and will be available for take out between 5 and 8:00 pm.
The Patio will be open and have limited seating, no more than six people at a table, and tables must remain 2 metres apart.
Refreshments and canteen items will be available at the Pro Shop.
Only 1 person/group in the Pro Shop at a time.
You can book your tee time either online
or by phoning the pro shop at 604-869-5881.
You may check in by knocking on window and signaling/waving to the person in the Pro Shop, once you have been acknowledged you may proceed to the 1st tee at your pre booked tee time.
If paying by cash we ask that you have correct currency or pay by debit or credit card using tap whenever possible. Another option will be to do an etransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Thursday Ladies Drop in League started on April 30th Teeing off at 4:30 PM, Wednesday Men’s Drop in League started May 6th Teeing off at 5:00 PM
While on the Course:
- We recommend playing in twosomes, but foursomes are permitted
- Use physical distancing (2 metre rule) on the putting green
- Meet on the first tee with modified greetings at a distance
- Insist on physical distancing (2 metres rule) on tees, greens and throughout the rounds
- Private Golf carts should only be used by single individuals
- Golfers should only pick their own ball up
- Only one person handles the scorecard
- Do not use public washrooms, ball cleaners, or towels if possible.
- Leave the flag in place while putting
- Sort out the sand in the bunker with a club or foot
- Do not use airlines for cleaning shoes or equipment following the round
- Players should use hand sanitizer at the beginning of the round and at the end
- No handshakes on 18th green (do not hand over money either??)
- Avoid the Clubhouse, whenever possible
- Finish and make your way home!
Is it our intention to keep maintaining the golf course to our current standards but due to revenue reductions caused by following procedures due to COVID-19, some areas (tree lines, perimeter of playing area, cart paths upgrade, bunker maintenance, etc…) may take a little longer to get done, your patience and understanding with this is much appreciated.
Thank you for your cooperation as we deal with this unprecedented time in the world we live in.
Bonnie and Vince Cianfagna
Bonavin Professional Services Inc
Hope Golf Club